Monday, March 30, 2015

Reading Diary B: Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes

Jingles
I loved reading all of the jingles. It is hard to pick my favorite one. It is crazy how I am able to read them and think of a certain part of my childhood that they remind me of. There of course were some that I did not know the entire jingle. For example, I did not know all the lines for Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Love and Matrimony
Of course, all of these ones were good to read. Jack and Jill is a classic that most kids should know. Most of the stories however, I was unfamiliar with but still enjoyed.

Natural History, Part 2
Ba ba black seep is another classic. I loved getting to read this. I also loved the story of Higgley Piggley. I honestly think that I just like the sound of the title. It is fun to say and catches your attention.

Relics
Rain Rain Go Away was a different version than I have ever known. I feel that there have been many versions made over the years.

Every page of this unit was full of a great read. I learned so many new nursery rhymes. It was fun to be able to read ones that I thought I knew and did not know the entire thing. I also really enjoyed reading the ones that I have never heard of. This was a great unit and it is too hard to pick my favorite ones, because they were all great.

No comments:

Post a Comment